Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Sunday 12 May 2013

Short Story: Die For Her by Amy Plum




Short Story Saturday was created by 365 Days of Reading. Because I post my hauls on Saturdays, I shall be posting any Short Story reviews on Sundays! I won't have SSS up every single Sunday.


ebook60 pagesApril 2nd 2013
HarperTeen
Set in the romantic and death-defying world of the international bestselling Die for Me trilogy, this digital original novella follows Jules, a brooding, immortal French artist who has fallen in love with his best friend’s girlfriend.
Jules Marchenoir is a revenant-an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save human lives. He’s spent the better part of the last century flirting his way through Paris, but when he met Kate Mercier, the heroine from Amy Plum’s Die for Me trilogy, he knew his afterlife had changed forever and he had found the love of his life. Until Kate fell for his best friend, Vincent. Now Jules is faced with an impossible decision: choosing between his loyal friend and a love truly worth dying for.




I enjoyed this book a lot, although it also irritated me quite a bit. I   liked Jules a lot in the full series, but never really saw him with Kate, so it was hard reading this, as I truly believe it's Kate and Vincent, all the way. But it was nice to dive back into the world of the revenants for a little bit, before I read If I Should Die. I enjoyed the writing and the different perspective. Jules is really cool and complex and is an enjoyable character. It was nice to see who he truly is. All in all, this was a good one!

.



Happy reading!
~Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...