Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Thursday 2 May 2013

Review: Legacy by Cayla Kluver


Author: Cayla Kluver
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Page Count: 496 pages, Paperback 
Date Published: June 28th 2011
Find it on Goodreads: Overnight Sensation
Source: Purchased
Rating:  2


I noticed his eyes. They were blue, sharp and intense. Despite the youthful glows of his suntanned face, his eyes were cold and unfriendly, suggesting he had great experience in the world and was now expecting the worst.In her seventeenth year, Princess Alera of Hytanica faces one duty: to marry the man who will be king. But her father's choice of suitor fills her with despair.
When the palace guard captures and intruder— a boy her age with steel-blue eyes, hailing from her kingdom's greatest enemy— Alera is alarmed… and intrigued. But she could not have guessed that their clandestine meetings would unveil the dark legacy shadowing both their lands.
In this mystical world of court conspiracies and blood magic, loyalties will be tested. Courage won't be enough. And as the battle begins for everything Alera holds dear, love may be the downfall of a kingdom.


Sadly, this was not the book for me. I was excited about it when I started as the author was a teen and I wanted to see what she wrote. Then I started reading and eventually got extremely bored and didn't end up finishing it.

Okay, I'm all for descriptive words and a detailed book but I mean... this was too much. I enjoyed the book at the beginning, but eventually it became so tedious and inane that I had to stop reading for a while. There was a lot of repetition of facts and the reader got descriptions of every, single, little thing. I liked that at first, until it became so much that I started to skim the book! I didn't really like Alera that much, either. I found her to be a bit selfish as well as very indecisive. And she just never took ACTION! There were so many times where I just wanted Alera to STEP UP and be adventurous, but she was just constantly sitting in her room, her guards outside and just thinking of change. But not doing anything.


I don't know... It just wasn't the book I was hoping for. It frustrated me, their society, with how...I don't know.... Misogynistic it was. I just get irritated by stuff like that, so eventually I couldn't keep reading. I'd  like to say I want to know what happens to the characters, but not really... I didn't become invested in them at all.


Happy reading!
~Kristy

1 comment:

  1. This book just drove me CRAZY! Half of the time I'm screaming at Alera, "OH MY GOD! JUST GET UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I didn't even finish the book either!
    My rating: 0.75

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...