Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Friday 6 July 2012

Review: Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Publisher: Kensington
Page Count: 353 pages, Paperback
Date Published: April 24th 2012
Find it on Goodreads: Storm
Source: Purchased

 Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming

My Thoughts: I LOVED IT! 

Storm was one of my most anticipated books of the year. I literally was jumping for joy, trying to hold in a scream when I saw my bookstore finally had it in stock. And all that anticipation was worth it... This book was incredible. 


Storm starts off with Becca saving Chris Merrick from a beating and when she gives him some water to bring him back to consciousness, he's suspicious. She ends up meeting his three brothers and eventually discovers that they can control the elements. I love anything to do with elemental stuff, so I immediately was drawn in to this book. Chris can control water, so I adored him. Then we meet Hunter, who is absolutely gorgeous and really neat. He's also taken a liking to Becca, just like Chris. There's immediately a love triangle, but it wasn't really annoying. Chris and his brothers all know that they should stay away from Becca, to keep her safe, but that's practically impossible for Chris. Meanwhile, Hunter has no idea what's going on with the Merrick brothers, but he knows he wants to keep Becca safe. I really liked Hunter, a lot. He was sweet and protective and very cool.But I also really liked Chris, and in the end I was Team Chris 90%. 


I was quite impressed with the writing. It was strong and intense. The action scenes were really well done. I got so into the book at some points that it felt more like I was watching a movie, instead of reading. That's a really cool feeling. There's a part of the book that's on a bridge and the way the author describes it all was fantastic.There were some huge twists and turns in the end that both surprised me and didn't. I would have liked to learn more about the people who control all the elementals (I don't have my book on me right now, so I can't remember their name!), but hopefully we'll discover more in later books. 


Any fans of books with a ton of action would most likely enjoy this book. It was filled with craziness and romance and paranormal things that we don't see every day. It was a nice change from demon hunters and vampires. I think Storm would be a great book for reading on the beach, because you definitely need to be relaxed to get it all. 


Happy reading!
~Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...