Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Monday 23 July 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Page Count: 296 pages, Paperback
Date Published:  March 27th 2012
Find it on Goodreads: Goddess Interrupted
Source: Purchased

KATE WINTERS HAS WON IMMORTALITY.

BUT IF SHE WANTS A LIFE WITH HENRY IN THE UNDERWORLD, SHE'LL HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry's first wife, Persephone.

My Thoughts: Considering I am a huge Greek mythology buff, these books are amazing in my opinion!


I have always found Greek myths fascinating. They explain things in the world and it makes so much sense to me. The story of Hades and Persephone, explaining the change in seasons has always been one of my favorites, so I was immediately drawn towards Carter's series. 


Kate has just returned from a spring/summer vacation in Greece with her friend James, a.k.a. Hermes. She's going back to see her new husband Henry (Hades) and to be crowned Queen of the Underworld. But when she and James enter the Underworld, Kate is automatically drawn into a vision of Henry and his two brothers learning that their 'father' Cronus, King of the Titans, has escaped his prison. Henry pays hardly any attention to Kate as he is preparing for battle with Walter (Zeus) and Phillip (Poseidon) and they are abducted by Cronus and Calliope. Then Kate has to go on a quest to find her husband and save him... But she needs some help from the one person she never thought she would have to face. Persephone. So by this point I was thinking, WOW, so much action! The Goddess Test was a little slow for me and there were many times when I wished the plot would pick up some more. But in this book, it picked up in the second chapter! The book was very fast paced in some instances and in others it lagged on. 


Kate and Henry's relationship was very complicated in this book. Henry completely ignored Kate at times and she was very frustrated! There was a lot of brooding on Kate's part and she thought a lot. Even though everyone tried to tell her that Henry did love her, she didn't/ wouldn't believe them. I did understand that a bit, as he was kind of a jerk to her! It's hard to talk about this book too much without giving it away, so I can't go into too much detail. But let's just say that Kate and Henry had some very heated, angry moments. And I think the author did an incredible job in writing them! I felt Kate's anger and her frustration at Henry, and his confusion and despair, too. He was so in love and obsessed with Persephone and so scared that Kate was going to leave him that he couldn't express to her that he did love her. It was very sad to be honest. 


I'm finding it difficult to write about this book, because honestly there was something about it that made me not love it as much as I had loved the first book, but I don't know what! I loved the book, but I think the angst between Henry and Kate had almost too big of a part in the book. It started off very dramatic and with tons of action, but then it died down and well.. was a bit blah. But then it left off on a HUGE cliffhanger and I am now dying for the next book!!! I apologize for this kind of confusing review... I just don't know how to describe my feelings on this book. I loved The Goddess Test but with this book, I didn't feel a lot for it. I don't know, I'm gonna stop now because I'm rambling and pretty much repeating myself over and over. I'm super excited for the next book, though because Carter left on a huge cliffhanger!


Happy reading!
~Kristy

1 comment:

  1. Goddess Interrupted is a book that has left me utterly crushed, yet hopeful and eagerly anticipating The Goddess Inheritance. It can't some out soon enough.
    visit website for Best Deals for Rockaway Beach Oregon Hotels

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...