Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Friday 19 April 2013

TGIF: Do You Sneak a Peek?


Happy Friday, guys! This week I was talking to a friend about books (no surprise there) and he told me that before he starts a book, he reads the last chapter...



ACTUALLY?! AND THEN I tweeted about it and another friend of mine tweeted back and said she does the same thing!

Do any of you do that?! I can't imagine reading the entire last chapter before even starting a book.... Isn't it ruined?!


I mean, I'll admit, if I'm getting bored with the book, I will sometimes skip ahead a few chapters and try and see if anything remotely interesting is coming up, so that I have a reason to keep reading. But I always go back to where I was, or put the book down.


SO my question this week is:

Do you sneak a peek before starting the book? Do you skim through or read the last chapter or something similar? Or do you just start at the beginning and READ, every time? What are your thoughts on this?

I'm really curious to know what you guys think of this... I want to know! So leave me a comment below, telling me about your peeking habits!

Happy Friday!
~Kristy

3 comments:

  1. I don't immediately go to the end. But if I'm frustrated or annoyed, or a particularly stressful event has occurred, I do sometimes go to the end to make sure it all turns out okay. I don't read the whole last chapter, but I will look at the last page. I especially do this if someone's life was threatened; I have to make sure I'm prepared if I'm going to get hit over the head with a character death!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! That seems :O . I don't read or skip at all. I'm such a page-by-page reader! :P I sort of like the anticipation that builds up when you don't know what's going to happen! Though I do sometimes let my eyes wander to the next page if I have to see whether or not a character gets into something big, like dying :P But that's almost always not deliberate, so I use my bookmark to cover the page so my eyes don't get the temptation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, great post!
    I don't ever read the last page/chapter first. BUT sometimes I cheat. Like I did with Unearthly. I had to know which of the guys Clara would end up. I refuse REFUSE to be on the wrong team again.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...