Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Monday 8 April 2013

Review: The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

 Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Page Count: 283 pages, Paperback
Date Published: February 26th 2013
Find it on Goodreads: The Goddess Inheritance
Source: Purchased





Love or life.

Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.

 I've been having a difficult time getting to this review because my feelings for The Goddess Inheritance are confusing. On one hand, I loved it. It was great, a fantastic conclusion to a series I love. But on the other hand, it was disappointing. There was just something... off.

I think what bothered me the most about this book was that it seemed like it was super repetitive. There would be an incident with Cronus, Kate would try to help, she'd mess up, repeat. It was all the same, except for some tiny little differences along the way. We also don't see a LOT of Henry, which of course annoyed me because I adore him. He was absent for a lot of the book and therefore we had Kate pining for him and worrying about him, as well as worrying about her baby. Having a baby a teen is a pretty serious thing to put in a YA novel, but when you add all the family drama of the Greek Gods? HA. That's insane. I appreciated that Carter made Kate's love for her child realistic and that she would do anything for him. The strain was that she would either be held captive by Cronus or he would destroy her entire family. There was quite a bit of action in this book, but honestly, it wasn't very memorable. I'm having a difficult time remembering a lot of what happened, as there were many times while reading where I would get bored and switch to something else.

I'm having a hard time putting a finger on what this book was for me. I liked it, but didn't at the same time and that is really confusing. I think I was disappointed by the conclusion because I was hoping for something more but I don't know how much more I could have asked for, to be honest. I'm thinking I need to go back and reread the series and then maybe do a full series reread review!


Again, sorry for the short review! I'm having a difficult time getting my thoughts down on paper... or screen, I guess. Anywho, let me know what you thought of this series! Did you like the finale? Let me know!

Happy reading!
~Kristy

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you where disappointed with The Goddess Inheritance and I agree we needed way more HENRY <3<3

    I actually love this series and was overall happy with this one, but I do agree something was missing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...