Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Sunday 26 February 2012

In My Mailbox -4

This weekly meme is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Every Sunday I'll put up which books I bought, borrowed or hopefully one day received for review. This way you'll have a little sneak peek on the reviews to look forward to soon!
I bought two books from Coles this week and borrowed one from the library. I'm going to a store called Hemingway's tonight, but I wouldn't be able to post this until tomorrow if I waited until after that! So here we go:

I went to Coles yesterday (Saturday) to return 'Fallen' by Lauren Kate; I decided I'll borrow it from the library instead, just because I don't think that I will like it enough to buy the entire series. Who knows, maybe I will, but for now the library is good enough for moi! So, I went, thinking that I'd just exchange the book for another until I saw this:

OMGHHKP! (if you don't know what that means, don't fret. Noone really does. See here :P) Seriously I did a little happy dance in the aisle. I asked the cashier if she knew why it was out already and she just said that they were told to put it out. I'm not questioning it. Their manager is super sweet and trustworthy so... who knows? I did see on their website that it was coming out on the 25th, but everywhere else it said the 28th. Anyways, I started reading it and it's really different from Delirium. I'll do a review in a few days, but I'm hoping that I'll love it more as I get into it!




This is the book that I decided to exchange Fallen for. I've been waiting for the paperback copy of this for so long now and when I saw it, I couldn't resist. I have heard so many great things about this book, but I usually prefer buying the paperback instead of hardcover if I'm unsure about the book, because obviously the price difference is incredible. If you've read this, what did you think? I really hope I'll enjoy it!!!



And finally, this came in from my library FINALLY! You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this book. I refuse to buy it until I know I will like it, because it isn't the usual type of book I read, but I have wanted it for so long! My friend borrowed it first and then ended up not reading it (I swear he's illiterate), and now I get it! :D YAY!


Link your IMM's down below and I'll check them out! Oh and by the way, I apologize greatly for my major faux-pas last Wednesday. I had a very confusing week and I could have sworn it was Tuesday night so I did my Teaser Tuesday, then to wake up on Thursday and realize that I messed it up completely. But the funny thing is that my Wsquared Wednesday actually was 'Divergent' and 'Pandemonium'. So, no need for it anymore!
Talk to you soon!
~Kristy

4 comments:

  1. I heard the maze runner is really good. Great post!

    www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have heard a lot of great things! Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  2. I loved, loved, loved Divergent and I also enjoyed the Maze Runner.

    Btw. you have a beautiful blog. Gonna "stalk" you now ;)

    Cheers!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...