Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Monday 27 February 2012

Eve by Anna Carey

 Hello everyone! It feels like it's been so long since I've done just a plain review and I have such a huge list of books I've read recently. Therefore, today I decided I'd tell you guys about Eve by Anna Carey. I finished this about a week ago so it's sort of long overdue!

Author: Anna Carey
Publisher:HarperTeen
My Rating: 3/5 ~Not my favorite, but it was okay!


                                                                      Goodreads Description:
 
 The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

Alright... I was a little bit disappointed by this book. Which is very rare! I usually love any book I read, but this one just did not live up to my expectations. It just... wasn't that great. The plot was interesting, the writing and editing was good; so what went wrong? First I'll start with what I did like. I really liked Arden, the other girl that escapes school. She was tough and didn't let anyone or anything get in her way. And Caleb seemed like a great love-interest, except he's one of the first male characters that I cannot immediately visualize in  my head! Really though, that's all I can recall really liking in the novel. In my opinion, Eve was just an OK character. She wasn't someone I could really connect to AT ALL. I wanted to know more about her, but it felt like there was a huge puzzle piece missing that would make her seem like a round character! Actually, that's pretty much how it was for the entire book. Who knows, this might be one of those series that gets better in time... hopefully! It isn't one of my must-read-again, nor is it on my donate list. I will buy Once when it's released though, because I can't ever not finish a series once I've started!

Let me know what you thought of this novel because I'd love to know!
Talk to you tomorrow
~Kristy

3 comments:

  1. i think that Eve was a little boring , I mean that continuous run for her life and her twisted feeling for Caleb made me not appreciate very much this book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this is an original story, so different, and so much better than most of the other young adult books out there right now. The writing is great, the characters are well written, the story is unique. Give it a try. You'll be glad you did.

    Mariz
    One Stop Buy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to report that this book is the first in a series so I can't wait for more! I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a great, fun read!

    Look at this Iron Cook ware

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...