Tuesday, 23 July 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Words That Make Me NOT Pick Up a Book
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week's topic is : Top Ten Words That Make Me NOT Pick Up a Book.
1. "The Next _______ (insert big-name title here [Twilight, Hunger Games]) - I want something original, not something I've read before.
2. Erotica - No, I'm not a prude, but I am 16 and I'm not exactly sure my mum would be all that pleased with me picking up a copy of 50 Shades of Grey... So I just stay away from that section of the book store.
3. Heavy Religious Ideology- I'm not a religious person whatsoever... I'm agnostic, so I'm not a fan of reading books that preach to me what I should and should not believe in.
4. Written in Verse - I'm a huge fan of poetry. I actually love writing poems and reading them, but something about a whole YA story written in verse scares me a lot. I've only tried it once, but maybe it's time to give it another go?
5. Zombies - I just haven't been able to get into a zombie book yet and they've kind of become a genre that I stay away from.
6. Abusive Relationship - When I say this, I mean a romantic relationship where the victim stays and makes excuses for her abuser and doesn't do anything about it. I just can't read something like that.
7. Sexism - Unless it's a book about dealing with sexism (against female or males), I don't want to read a whole book about how a person is being treated badly for their sex and nothing is done or said about it.
8. Homophobia - Same with the above. If I get the feeling that a book is going to be stating a lot of homophobic slurs without any of the characters standing up and saying something about it, I don't really want to read it.
I'm not sure what else to add, so I'll leave it at that. I'm sorry this is so late, I've been kind of off lately and not really into blogging this past while. Leave a link to your TTT this week and I'll check it out.