Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Friday 12 July 2013

TGIF: My Dilemma With Clockwork Angel


Alright guys, if you read my 15 confessions on Tuesday, you will have probably seen that I'm having a bit of a conflict with myself on whether or not I should try to read Clockwork Angel again. I attempted to read it January 2012, when I borrowed it from a friend, but I got about 1/4 way through and ended up putting it down as a DNF. This was pretty sad for me, since I really wanted to like this book! Especially now that I've read City of Bones and really disliked it, I am very unsure about whether or not I should try to give Clare's books another chance.

When Clockwork Princess was released, let's be honest here: the book world went crazy. I think I saw two reviews that weren't entirely positive and guys... That's TOTALLY INTIMIDATING. Because of the fact that I had DNF'd Clockwork Angel and seriously disliked City of Bones, I was ready to give up on trying to read these two series that so many people adore. But the thing is, I don't like giving up. So, I'm making it my mission to read City of Ashes this year, just to see if the series really does get better as the books go on. My main issue with City of Bones had been the writing in general, as well as the pacing. I've been told it gets better... should I see if I think the same?

BUT THEN, with all of the crazy hype about Clockwork Princess, now I'm wondering if I should give Clockwork Angel another try? I've asked around and have had multiple people tell me that I'd like The Infernal Devices series a lot more than The Mortal Instruments and I feel like that might be the case.

SO, I need your advice! What do I do? Do I pick up City of Ashes because y'all think I need  to know what happens with Clary? Or do I give Tessa another try and see what's up with all the swooning over the supposedly super charming Will? OR, do I just leave Cassandra Clare's books be and not give them another shot? Let me know! I'm in need of your sage advice! And let me know down below what you think of these two series! Love them? Hate them? I want to know what you think!

What do you think I should do?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Happy reading!
~Kristy

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel because as a blogger I sort of feel obligated to read The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments but I'll admit I tried C.Angel and I didn't like it so it ended up on my DNF pile. I think I'm going to try City of Bones series first and then try C.Angel. I think the hype surrounding Cassandra Clare's book is sort of ruining it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the first 3 books in the Mortal Instruments series and really wished she stopped with a trilogy. The last 2 were disappointing. Because of that I almost skipped Clockwork Angel. I found it at the library on a preloaded mp3 and decided to listen to it on my workouts. I ended up liking it better than City of Bones. I like Tessa a lot more than Clary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having the same dilemma with the Delirium Triolgy. I DNF'd the first one and then went back and finished it. I didn't think it was too bad. Started Pandemonium and DNF'd that one too. Not sure if I want to bother at this point.

      Delete
  3. I loved them but Tessa and will pissed me off in book 1 by book 3 i got it

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...