Tuesday, 16 July 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Authors Who Deserve More Recognition
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week's topic is : Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition.
1. Katherine Longshore (Gilt, Tarnish) - Her books are both beautifully written, emotional and make you really connect with the characters, even though they once were real people.
2. Daria Snadowsky (Anatomy of a Boyfriend) - Daria's books are brutally honest about subjects that a lot of YA authors shy away from. She's not afraid to be blunt about important things like sexuality in a teen's life.
3. Tara Woolpy (Raising Wild Ginger) - Tara writes books for adults and I've only read one, but it was emotionally heart-wrenching and very well written.
4. Hannah Harrington (Saving June) - I think this book deserves a lot more attention than it received... it was great!
5. Nina LaCour (The Disenchantments) - I adored this book last year and am dying to see what comes next from this author... She's very talented!
6. Jess Rothenberg (The Catastrophic History of You and Me) - I personally believed that this was one of the best books of last year and I wish Rothenberg received more recognition on how amazing her book was!
These are all I can think of right now! There are plenty more but it's close to 1am and I need to go to bed! Leave me a link if you did this post this week!