Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Thursday 14 June 2012

Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publication
Page Count:  438 pages, Hardcover
Date Published: October 4th 2011

  

 Goodreads Blurb:
 The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.



My Thoughts: Suspenseful and breathtaking, Silence left me hanging, dying for Finale. But at the same time, I'm wondering: Where's the story going to go next?

I really am enjoying this book series. They're sort of addicting. I couldn't put them down, even when I wasn't liking them as much as I had been before. But I feel like they're starting to stretch really far and the author is trying to surprise us readers with unexpected twists that are well... Expected. Although, the beginning of this book threw me for a loop. Nora couldn't remember anything!? What in the world!?!? She didn't remember anything after the moment before she met Patch. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. But after that huge surprise, it was all kind of the same. Nora and Patch discover some deep dark secrets that aren't too surprising and I'm sad to say that this book did disappoint me.
This is going to be a pretty short review because I don't have a lot to say. The writing is really great still, so nothing about that has changed. But I really hope that the final book, Finale,  will change my opinions on this. The story line didn't excite me at all. It was just another generic paranormal/angel romance. Which was odd, because the first two weren't bad. Actually, I really loved the first book in this series. The second wasn't terrible, and neither was this one, but it was too predictable. I still love Patch, Nora's still kind of annoying and Scott actually isn't too much of a jerk anymore. But something about the way everything has gone down in this series has disappinted me. I'm definitely looking forward to Finale, to see what happens next, but I'm also worried that because this book ends on an ending that is so obviously going to lead into war, that the next book will be condensed and tight. I guess we'll have to read and find out!

Obviously if you've read Hush, Hush and Crescendo already, you're probably wanting to read this book as well. I don't blame you. But if it disappointed you, let me know in the comments! Or maybe you loved it and if so, let me know why. I always love hearing other people's opinions on books.

Have a great day/night everyone!
-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...