Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Thursday 4 April 2013

Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: HarperCollins
Page Count: 341 pages, Hardcover
Date Published: January 8th 2013
Find it on Goodreads: Through the Ever Night
Source: Purchased  




It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.
Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.
This was an incredible follow up to an amazing dystopian. I was so impressed that I loved this book as much as I did. Through the Ever Night lived up to my expectations and I am so excited to say that!

I loved Under the Never Sky but it took me a long time to actually pick it up and start reading. After I finished I IMMEDIATELY went to buy Through the Ever Night because I was so excited to find out what happens next! This series is filled with nonstop action and a romance that will make the reader smile like crazy. I was, of course, expecting Perry and Aria to be separated by some force out of their control, as this is the second book in a dystopian trilogy, and well... I was right. Perry and Aria decide it's a good idea to keep their relationship a secret from the Tides, as she is not exactly welcomed there. Of course, that plan doesn't work out too nicely! Aria and Perry are separated for a vast majority of the book, either emotionally, physically, or both and while that was upsetting to read, as I loved their relationship in UtNS, it also helped me see a lot more about them. The reader got to see more of Perry leading his tribe and his decisions for their safety and nutrition, etc. Aria grows even more in this book, which I love, and she becomes stronger and braver when she is faced with some tough decisions. We see more of Roar and while he's hilarious, his story is heart breaking. But I have a feeling it's not over. I can't wait to read more about him!

I'm pleased to say that I was thoroughly impressed that the writing in TtEN may have even improved from the previous book! I was never bored and it felt like everything flowed quite nicely. We got more back story about their world and the Aether storms, which was nice, as that was one of my complaints last time. The world building improved, we met new characters and there was action and adventure throughout the novel... Awesome! I'm so excited to read the conclusion to this thrilling trilogy. It's sure to be amazing! Are YOU ready to go Into the Still Blue? I know I am. ;)


I know this review is kind of short and vague, but it's kind of hard to talk about a book when you loved it so much! I'm so glad this sequel didn't disappoint! Have you read this series? If so, how do you like it? Are you excited for the finale? Any predictions on what might happen? Let me know!

Happy reading!
~Kristy

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I know how you feel! It happens to me a lot. I love love this book soo much! It was perfect! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED this sequel! I'm so glad you did too. I thought it set up the last book perfectly and I cannot wait to read it! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roar's story was definitely heartbreaking. I agree with you, I hope it's not over! I LOVED this one. I cannot wait for the next book :)

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little skeptical to read this even though I loved the first book - but I think I'll pick this book up soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...