Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Sunday 13 January 2013

Review: Vortex by Julie Cross

Author: Julie Cross
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Page Count: 352 pages, Hardcover
Date Published: January 15th 2013
Find it on Goodreads: Vortex
Source: I won a signed ARC from Julie Cross --> Thank you!!!
Rating:  5/

 Julie Cross's Vortex is the thrilling second installment of the Tempest series, in which the world hangs in the balance as a lovelorn Jackson must choose who to saveJackson Meyer has thrown himself into his role as an agent for Tempest, the shadowy division of the CIA that handles all time-travel-related threats. Despite his heartbreak at losing the love of his life, Jackson has proved himself to be an excellent agent. However, after an accidental run in with Holly—the girl he altered history to save—Jackson is once again reminded of what he's lost. And when Eyewall, an opposing division of the CIA, emerges, Jackson and his fellow agents not only find themselves under attack, but Jackson begins to discover that the world around him has changed and someone knows about his erased relationship with Holly, putting both their lives at risk all over again.


My thoughts: OH MY GOODNESS. I could not put this down!

If you saw my last review, you'll know that I LOVED Tempest. It was fast-paced, romantic, and intriguing. WELL, Vortex was that and more! I am so glad this wasn't a sequel that fell apart. 

Vortex completely drew me in. I went straight from reading its predecessor, Tempest, into reading this, and I loved it. Again, this book was action packed and filled with an insane story that kept me intrigued. Reading about the CIA and all of the training that Jackson had to go through was definitely one of my favourite parts of this book. I loved all of the intricate detail Cross weaved into the story that made it so great. 

I'm honestly having a tough time reviewing this, because I really don't have anything bad to say, and there was just so much good that my mind is going all over the place! It was heart-wrenching when Jackson finally saw Holly for the first time since going off to training and her not knowing who he was or anything like that. Their encounters in the book were either really sad or really uncomfortable, in my opinion, and it made my heart break a little for Jackson. He is such a brave character, and I've really begun to like him a lot.

I also LOVED Kendrick and Stewart! They were too great. It was nice to see Jackson interact with others, and who better than two fabulous CIA agents? Kendrick was super sweet, but at the same time a total badass. And Stewart? Well, the only word for her would be badass! She was so complex though, and I loved her back-story, no matter how heartbreaking it was. There was so much going on in this book, once again, and it kept me up all night reading it. And then...

THAT ENDING. Ughhhhh it made me mad. I won't spoil it for you, but I will say that it made my heart wrench and I then had a series of emotions, played out well in the GIFs below:



Basically, that's all I'll really be able to say without completely spoiling it. I'm so so excited for the next book now, but we have to wait a YEAR! :'( I hate waiting sometimes... But it'll be worth the wait!

Happy reading!
~Kristy







2 comments:

  1. That's great that you were able to go right from reading the first book into this sequel. I read Tempest over a year ago so sadly I have forgotten some details, which may be a little tricky when I pick this one up. I am so curious about the ending now! Great review! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! i just read vortex and wow! awesome book! but the ending ... i mean ... WHAT?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...