Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Make You Think (22)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.This week's topic is Books that make you think (About the world, people, anything)

1. Every Day by David Levithan - This book made me think more than any other book has in a really long time about what it is to be a human, and have all the things that define us as people.

2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - This is one of my favorite books in the universe, because it's so raw and real and it really promotes Carpe Diem and to take every opportunity life throws you.
3. The Wave by Todd Strasser - This is such a powerful book that reflects on how human beings can be led so easily by just one man, and it's even more powerful, because it is a true story of how on teacher almost recreated one of the most terrible things in history.
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - What would the world be without love? Without any real, strong emotion? It would be fake.
5. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini - This is a very powerful book about depression and mental illness, that shows a boy who is staying at a mental hospital for a few days. It is so raw and filled with integrity.
6. Hate List by Jennifer Brown - This is a book that really frightened me. But it showed how much your choices you make now can affect people in the future, and sometimes affect them so much that they die. This is a very strong book.
7. The Giver by Lois Lowry -  I read this in grade 8 English class and I was one of the only people in my class to actually enjoy it. But I think this is one of the most amazing books out there. It really makes the reader think about what it would be like to live in a community like that and learn what it is like out here.
8. Looking for Alaska by John Green - It's hard to read this book without thinking... But this book really just is hard to explain how it made me feel...
9. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - You knew this was coming, didn't ya? These books promote everything important, like love and loyalty, friendship, bravery, good vs. evil.
10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - Reading this book really reminded me to love with every ounce of your being because sometimes, the people you love will be gone in a heartbeat.

I could add so many more books to this list, but I suppose I should keep it at 10. I love books like these. They're all incredible and some of my favorites. Leave me a link to your TTT for this week.. I would love to find some more 'thinking books'! I'm in the mood for one right now.

Don't forget to always remember <3
~Kristy

5 comments:

  1. We have a few of the same books on our list! I must say, I made my list and then right before I clicked publish, I realized I should have added Harry Potter. *sigh* But I am so happy to see it on yours! That series is unforgettable in so many ways. :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great list. I am gonna check out the ones I have not heard/read!

    Happy Reading!! Here is my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I've got a couple of these in my list too. I really need to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Heard so many good things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! There are people out there who don't like The Giver?! Now that is something I will never understand.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...