The Broke and the Bookish.This week's topic Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread.
HOW PERFECT IS THIS TOPIC? UGH. This seems to be one that was made for me, because THERE ARE A LOT MORE THAN TEN ON THIS LIST. But I'll try and narrow it down:
by Marissa Meyer - I cannot believe I still haven't read this one! I
know so many people loved it! It's on my bedside table, waiting to be
3. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier - I remember reading
about this book and being so excited about it being released in English,
so I picked it up as soon as I saw it! Nope... Still unread.
4. The Immortal Rules
by Julie Kagawa - I was in Ireland when I found this one and was SO
excited that it was in paperback and I could get it for cheaper than I
would have back home. But as soon as I arrived back in Canada it went
straight to my shelf and has stayed there ever since!
5. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - This one is a special
one. I bought it because of who wrote it, not so much because I liked
what it was about. So I'm saving this one for the summer when I can take
my time with it and read it at my leisure. But the good thing is, I got
it for 10$!
6. Struck by Lightning by Chris Colfer - This one is sort of the same as #5. I love Chris Colfer and this book sounded really cool, so I picked it up. BUT IT'S STILL UNREAD -_-
7. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld - I had found this at a used book store and was so excited because I've heard amazing things about this series! I'm still unsure as to why I have not read it yet.
8. Hidden by P.C. and Kristin Cast - I picked this up because it's part of the House of Night series and I felt obligated to read it. But this series has gotten so long that I don't know what's going on anymore! I think it might be time for a reread if I get the time!
9. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - I cannot believe I haven't read this one yet! I know it's a beloved book to so many out there and I'm dying to read it, but I can't seem to bring myself to pick it up!
10. The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell - This was like 5$ at Coles a while back so I picked it up because I was really excited about the show coming up as well! I adore the TV show but have yet to pick the book up... Maybe I'll read it in the summer.
And so.... many... more....
And the thing is, I know that so many other bloggers have SO MANY MORE books like this than I do. I feel for you guys, I really do... I only chose the books that aren't sequels (except for Hidden) because that's just a whole other story. I'd love to see which books you still have lying around on your shelf, so leave me a link to your TTT and I'll check it out!