1. Tris (Divergent by Veronica Roth)
A new place, a new name. I can be remade here.
"Tris," I say firmly.”
“Only I keep wishing I could think of a way...to show the Capitol they don't own me. That I'm more than just a piece in their Games.”
4. Ky (Matched by Ally Condie)“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”
5. Four (Divergent by Veronica Roth)
I know which life is my real one now, no matter what happens. It’s the one with you. For some reason, knowing that even one person knows my story makes things different. Maybe it’s like the poem says. Maybe this is my way of not going gentle.
I love you.
6. Alex (Delirium by Lauren Oliver)“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
7. Adam (Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi)“Everyone is asleep. They've all been asleep for years. You seemed ... awake.' Alex is whispering now. He closes his eyes, opens them again.'I'm tired of sleeping.”
8. Amy (Across the Universe by Beth Revis)“He smiles a small smile. His lips twitch like he's trying not to laugh. His eyes soften as they study my own. "There's very little I wouldn't do for you.”
9. Jonas (The Giver by Lois Lowry)
“I never thought about how important the sky was until I didn't have one.”
10. Maxon (The Selection by Kiera Cass)“The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.”
“What do you think my chances might be of finding a soul mate in the group of you? I'll be lucky if I can just find someone who'll be able to stand me for the rest of our lives. What if I've already sent her home because I was relying on some sort of spark I didn't feel? What if she's waiting to leave me at the first sign of adversity? What if I don't find anyone at all? What do I do then, America?”
That's my list of the week! I had a bit of trouble narrowing it down to this ten, so there are a lot more that I could add to this list, as per usual! I want to see what genre you picked this week AND who you picked as your favourites! Leave me a link in the comments and I'll check it out!