Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Saturday 5 May 2012

Review: Die For Me by Amy Plum

Author: Amy Plum
Publisher:  HarperCollins
Page Count: 368 pages, Paperback
Date Published: Published April 3rd 2012  (first published May 5th 2011)

 Goodreads Blurb: 

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart as well as my life and my family's in jeopardy for a chance at love?


My Thoughts: So romantic and suspenseful!

It's always been a dream of mine to have grown up in Paris. Or even just have some of my childhood/teen years living there. So to think that I didn't know about this book until I heard about the sequel, Until I Die, seems crazy. But it's true. Die For Me is a beautifully romantic story with a twist to it that left me thinking about it for days. I admit, I was kind of scared Vincent would end up being a vampire, but when I found out he wasn't... WHOO!

I read this book in a matter of a few hours. It was another simple, quick read which was a nice break from the heavy reading I've been doing for school. Plum's voice is clear and alluring. I was captivated by the romance of Vincent and Kate and also the information we learn about the revenants.The revenants are a unique and wonderful twist on the paranormal genre and I was so enthralled by the way the author has made them exist in her book world. I loved the fact that Vincent was good and he wasn't a terrifying monster that eats people. No. He is actually someone who saves people. Yay, Vincent!

His and Kate's relationship was sweet and hesitant and wonderful. The fact that Kate got over the whole 'no I can't be with him, he's not good for me' act and them avoiding each other with a strain in their romance in this book, instead of the next, (hopefully) made me so happy. Their first kiss was one of those moments where you cannot help but say "awwwww" and the rest of their love within Die For Me is like that as well. WHICH IS AWESOME. I really enjoyed the fact that Jules, Vincent's friend/fellow revenant was so flirty with Kate and clearly liked her, but it didn't turn into a love triangle situation. Once again... Yay!

The action in this story is kind of, sort of MIND BLOWING. It's all BOOM KICK KAPOWEE! Crazy stuff, man. The evil revenant guys are seriously creepo and the way they fight the good revenants is... Woah. I loved everything about the 'battle' scenes. I wasn't confused and overwhelmed as I usually am while reading things like that and I could clearly 'see' what was going on. For that, I applaud Ms. Plum. *claps*

If you're into books filled with everything from swoony romance to kick-butt action scenes, plus crazy awesome paranormal good guys, Die For Me is probably a good choice. It was simply written but not in a juvenile way. Easy to follow along and to fall in love with. Until I Die is probably going to be incredible and I can't wait to read it!
Happy reading!
-Kristy

3 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you enjoyed this - I've heard a couple of mixed things, but I think I'll give this one a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!
    I've had this book sitting on my shelf since I got it for Christmas. I'll have to put it on my tbr next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening to this one in Audio! Yippy! Can't wait to get further into it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...