Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Saturday 7 April 2012

Review: The Emerald Quest by Renee Pawlish

Author: Renee Pawlish
Publisher: Llama Press
Page  Count: 182 pages, Kindle
Date Published: February 22 2012 

  GoodreadsDescription:

A long-lost emerald, a missing treasure map, and a wealthy villain combine for an action-packed adventure!

Thirteen-year-old Noah Winter, the son of sea-exploring treasure hunters, dives the San Isabel shipwreck with his parents in search of a mysterious treasure map lost in the murky depths off the Florida Keys over a century ago. The map reveals the hiding place of the priceless De La Rosa emerald. But before the Winters can find the map, a wealthy treasure-hunting rival kidnaps Noah’s parents. Now Noah must match wits with a dangerous adversary, not only to discover the treasure map first, but to rescue his mom and dad before it’s too late



 My Thoughts: Really well written, but the story just wasn't for me.

 When the author first contacted me about reviewing her book, I was pretty hesitant, as this is a middle-grade book and I stopped reading at that level when I was eight or nine years old. But, I was getting tired of all the paranormal romance novels and love triangles so I gave it a shot. This book is really well written. You can tell that Renee Pawlish takes real pride in writing a clear novel that is easy to understand. She wrote a story that I would recommend to my little brother or any of his friends.

I am probably going to struggle while writing this review, because I didn't LOVE the story, nor did I not like it. But, it is a great read for the younger, middle-grade age, which is great considering that's who it was geared toward! What I found impressive was the fact that the author was able to keep the story suspenseful and tense without being scary and gory. 

The last thing I'll mention is Noah. This is a smart kid! He is able to save the day at age thirteen, while outsmarting most of the adults around him. In my opinion, Noah is a great book-role-model for kids. He shows that kids aren't helpless little creatures who need their parents to save them. That aspect to the book was probably my favorite part. 

I'd like to say a quick thank you to the author for sending me this book for the kindle app on my iPod. I really enjoyed reading about Noah's adventure and I will be looking for the next book, to see what happens next. 

 Have a great day/night everyone!
-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...