Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Monday 22 October 2012

Taking a Quick Break

Hey everyone! So, a few weeks ago I got all my regular blog subscriptions through my email and was scrolling through them, until suddenly, one stood out to me. It was a post on Things I've Learned Since Becoming a Book Blogger by Kristilyn at Reading in Winter. #10 stood out to me.

10. It’s OK to take a break from blogging.

I've only been blogging since January, and I love it. A Little Shelf of Heaven is my pride and joy. My little baby that I feel this desperate need to nurture and take care of as much as possible. But I've recently come to the realization that I haven't read many books lately. I haven't had the time! School is so busy right now, with me having up to six hours of homework each night. Most days I don't get home until five pm, so when you take in dinner and a shower for account (1 hour combined, maybe more), I normally don't have much free time in the day. Usually when I get home, the most I can do on my computer is quickly check my email, Facebook, and YouTube subscriptions (which I use as an award if I get my homework all done) and then get straight to work. I don't have time to read! And this makes me so mad! I have so many amazing books on my shelf, and I feel terrible because I haven't been able to read some of my review books yet that have been sitting there for over two months! 

You may have noticed that there have been hardly any reviews in the past month. That's because I am still in the first quarter of a book I started a week and a half ago. I'm really stressing out lately about all of this, because how can I update this blog when I have no book reviews to publish? I've come to be really stressed out about updating the blog, but have no time thanks to the hours upon hours of homework each night. This weekend I had to write four essays, study for five different tests, plus I also had regular homework for math, French and science.

That all being said, I don't want to stop blogging, at all, because I love it! This is just my explanation for the lack of posts, and I hope that this week I'll be able to get back into everything!

 Thank you for understanding! I'll talk to you all in maybe a few days, or maybe in a week or so, who knows? But happy Monday!

~Kristy

1 comment:

  1. It happens. When Finals Week comes I'm ditching blogging until I can breathe again.
    I probably need to do the same as you but I will wait till before the Finals week and give myself some good amount of break. Chill out, come back, and you'll be fine (:

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...