1. I'm actually very ashamed to say this, but I sometimes dog-ear! *cringes* But only if I'm really desperate, and only if it's my book. Never to a library book or a borrowed book! It's only if I don't have a bookmark or a piece of scrap paper, or if there's a quote that I love but am not able to write it down...
2. I crack the spines of books I'm not enjoying... I know that sounds odd, but if I'm not enjoying a book I find it a little easier to get through if the spine is cracked and I can bend it so that I don't have to see how much longer I need to read it. That sounds terrible, now that I spell it out.
3. I'll skim sometimes, if there's a scene that I just can't get into (usually an action scene) or if the book is just really dull, but I want to know what happens in the end.
4. Similarly to the last one, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but the times when I'm reading a book and it's just really boring, or the protagonist is being super annoying, I will skip about thirty pages and see if anything good is going to happen, and then I'll go back to where I was. That sounds terrible!
5. I no longer allow myself to go to the library alone, because when I do, I end up coming out of it with about 8-12 books. And then I end up having a really huge fine!
6. I'm slowly collecting another set of Harry Potter books, because my original set is a) so [lovingly] beat up that they're difficult to read and b) no one is allowed to touch them. No one has ever read them except for me, and my nana has read my 1st and 2nd. You could say I'm
7. I refuse to buy a purse that won't fit a book in it.
8. All of my friends have adopted the name 'Kristy's Library' for my room, and whenever they need to read a book, they come to me first. When we have sleepovers, they always take about ten minutes to look at my shelf and if they find a book they want to read, they have to fill out a little card with their name, the date and the title, and then put the card in place of the book. Wow, I sound very OCD.
9. I have two bookstores that I go to on a regular basis and in one of them, the girls all know me and if you saw me talking to them, you'd think we were friends outside of the store. But we're not. They also know which books I'm into and not, as well as what I've read and haven't. And in the other, they know me by name and have a store cat who sticks by my side the entire time I'm in the store... Can you tell I spend a lot of time in the stores?
10. Other than my internet friends and fellow book bloggers, I only have two real life friends that I trust their book recommendations. My other friends have very different book taste than me, and it's rare that we really enjoy a lot of the same books.
Those are my bookish confessions! Do you have any dirty little bookish secrets? Leave me a link in the comments to your TTT and I'll check them out!