Happy Friday! I did a poll recently for some ideas on TGIF topics, and this was one of the top ones y'all wanted! Here you go! (These are in no particular order..)
1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - Umm... DUH! Anyone who has been following me for any time at all should know that I am a huge potterhead, so of course these are on here! I can't even... Nope, I'm sorry. I don't have an explanation as to why!
2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen - I cannot say how many times I
have seen this movie, and read this book. Probably as many as the Harry
Potter series, and if you've been following me for a while you'll know
how many times that is... A lot. :P And yes, I am talking about
the 2005 version. I have seen the others, but this one's my favorite.
You could say I grew up with it. My dad introduced it to me as soon as
it was on DVD and I've been watching it ever since. I can practically quote the entire thing!
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I think they did a great job with this movie! I loved Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson in it! It was great in my opinion. I saw it three times in theatres, actually. I know some people were upset about stuff that was missing from the books, but I think they did a great job in keeping what was important to the whole plot. EXCEPT for the ending!
4 The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne - This movie and the book were both incredible. I cried like a baby during the movie. I read the book a long time ago though, so I can't remember a ton. But I loved the movie, as terribly sad as it was, it was also amazing.
5. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks - I have only read this one book by Nicholas and I loved it. I love the movie way too much to describe.
6. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens - I loved this movie! Oliver Twist is one of my favorite classics, so when we watched the movie in class, I was so pleased!
7. P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern - This is one of my favorite movies and I loved the book so much, too! Sure there were quite a few differences, but I got over it!
8. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - I read this book in grade 8 for class and loved it! Then we watched the movie and I fell in love with it all over again! Everyone should read this book!
9. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer - DON'T HATE ME! I don't actually mind Twilight, at least I don't despise it like some people do. I felt like I should add it, even though it's not one of my favorites, just because I love anything Robert Pattinson acts in. Yeah.. anyways, so don't hate me, ok?
Now, I wish I could think of more, but for now that's all I've got! I know I missed some that are kind of obvious, like The Princess Bride, Lord of the Rings and To Kill a Mockingbird, but I haven't seen TPB and TKaM, nor seen the last two LotR. I know, it's terrible! But I will watch them soon, I swear! Tell me some of your favorite movie adaptations in the comments!
Have a great Friday!