Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Monday 5 May 2014

Review: What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang

Author: Kat Zhang
Publisher: HarperCollins
Page Count:  352 pages, Hardcover
Date Published: September 18th 2012
Find it on Goodreads: What's Left of Me
Source: Purchased Second-Hand


I should not exist. But I do.
Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .
For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.



What's Left of Me is a novel with an incredibly interesting and unique concept that had me intrigued from the moment I heard about it. I was so excited that I had found it at a second hand store, in really good condition, so I started off super thrilled and ready for a great story! While that is what I got, I did find What's Left of Me to be a little bit slow. It took me a while to really get invested in the characters, but I don't know if that was because of the pacing, or because of the whole concept of two characters in one body. However, with that concept in mind, I found the relationship between Addie and Eva incredibly fascinating, their sisterly bond so unique (obviously, as they share a body) yet similar in other ways to those that I've read of before. They wanted to protect each other yet wanted space from each other and they hoped for different things and had to compromise. I really enjoyed reading about Addie and Eva and how they coped with the reality that is their universe and how they developed relationships with others around them. I'm excited to read the next book and find out what happens next! I'd definitely recommend this one to anyone who enjoys sci-fi, dystopia, or just books with really interesting concepts !


Happy reading!
~Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...