Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Sunday 18 August 2013

The Roadtrip Dilemma

Hey guys! I'm writing from Oregon!!! I'm on a little vacation with my grandparents and two brothers and we've just spent the last two days getting lost driving to the Oregon Coast! We're here for a week  and I'm super excited to be having a little break from the home routine and I'll be definitely spending a majority of the time with my nose in a book on the beautiful beaches! But today, I wanted to talk more about how packing went for me...


Obviously, an important part of going on vacation is what you pack. It's usually the essentials, right? Clothes, PJs, toothbrush and toothpaste, face wash, whichever electronics you want and a book to read.... But wait. What if you're one of us? I mean if you're reading this blog, I'm sure you're part of the group of people that I'm talking about. Some people have a hard time cutting down on how many pairs of shoes they pack. Us? It's the books. 

While I was packing, I had a pretty easy time with my clothes and shoes and hygienic products. That's simple. But then I started packing my iPod, my laptop, a magazine and then I got to the pile of books I had picked to bring...

Ooops...

So, I had to take some books out of the pile. BUT HOW DO WE DECIDE!?!?!??

Yes, I have an eReader, but it's not the best in the world, so I don't use it very often. I prefer physical books and that's hard when you're travelling. I figured I would bring three books plus my eReader. So I packed one that I've been meaning to read forever (The Book Thief), one that I need to read for review (All Our Yesterdays) and one MONSTER BOOK (Game of Thrones). I figure with those three plus the eReader, I should have plenty and if not, I saw a cute little book shop a few blocks away from where we're camping! 



I want to know: How do you sort out the books you're going to bring while traveling? Is it difficult for you or do you have an eReader and therefore use only that? If you're going on a plane, how many do you carry on? 




Happy reading!
~Kristy


2 comments:

  1. I usually don't have these problems as I only get a selected choices to choose out of. I think you should think about like whether its a series or a standalone. I would prefer to take a standalone on a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was more difficult before I had an ereader, because I read quite fast but only ever travel with hand luggage! So normally I would take two or three books - quite often I would Bookcross them when I was done, and buy more to bring home! Now I have my Kindle, I guess it will be easier, although I would probably still take at least one physical book too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...