Featured Posts

1 2 3 4 5

Friday 2 November 2012

Review: Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate

Author: Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate 
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Page Count: 291 pages, Hardcover
Date Published: October 2nd 2012
Find it on Goodreads: Eve and Adam
Source: Purchased
Rating:  3.5/5


 And girl created boy…

In the beginning, there was an apple—

And then there was a car crash, a horrible injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker’s head clears a strange boy named Solo is rushing her to her mother’s research facility. There, under the best care available, Eve is left alone to heal.

Just when Eve thinks she will die—not from her injuries, but from boredom—her mother gives her a special project: Create the perfect boy.

Using an amazingly detailed simulation, Eve starts building a boy from the ground up. Eve is creating Adam. And he will be just perfect... won’t he?


  
My Thoughts: This is definitely a book that will make you think... 

Eve & Adam was not what I was expecting... I was very excited to read this book, because one of my favorite things to study are creation stories, so anything to do with creating life (other than how it usually happens...) sounds really interesting to me. Plus we've been talking about this a lot lately in English class and I think it's something important to touch on -The dangers of playing 'God'.

Although the concept of this book was really appealing, there was something about it once I started that threw me off.The writing wasn't bad, it was pretty well written, actually, but the style of it, at least in the beginning because of Eve's accident was a little bit hard to get used to. The story felt both fast and slow to me. There were some parts where I just wanted to get the book over with, and others that went to fast and were insanely amazing. The characters in this novel were... Interesting. I didn't love them, but they weren't ones that I completely hated. I've been trying to think about what made me not like them too much, and I think it's just that they were kind of cliched. Eve is some super gorgeous, smart girl that gets into an accident and then meets Solo, who is crazy hot and has a big secret. There wasn't anything crazy exciting about their relationship. What made the book for me was the science! I found the whole concept of the book so fascinating and I loved how much science was incorporated into the story, although I wish there had been more!

If you're into creation stories and books that are a little bit different, Eve & Adam would be great! It does speed up towards the end, which was nice, as well. I'm not sure if there is going to be a sequel or not, I've heard rumours of both, but it would be nice if there was! Let me know what you thought of Eve & Adam!

Happy reading!
~Kristy

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book when I read it. Great review!
    Amy @ TeenyReader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this book! I thought it was pretty good though and nice blog :) Come check out my blog out, it's called 'Girl In The Woods Reviews' - here's the site: (http://girlinthewoodsreviews.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every single comment I get! I will try as hard as I can to remember to stop by your blog and return the favour! (I'm so sorry if I forget, I have an awful memory!)

As of now, A Little Shelf of Heaven is an award-free blog! I really appreciate them, so so much, but I just don't have the time to pass them along to other blogs!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

©A Little Shelf of Heaven
Design by Seo Evie. Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...